Sunday, July 27, 2008

Remember me.....




This is a drawing from a series called 50 pages, 50 days that I did which I have archived on another blog. My artwork returns me to the mindset I had at the time of its creation. Thus I call this one 'Remember Me' for a host of reasons.



I live in an area with back lanes. This trash can is from a neighbour's back lane area. What fascinates me about this location is the sheer number of pieces of art I have mined from it. It has some type of energetic draw for me and I delight in the textures it offers. To anyone else looking at it they would see nothing at all I am sure.

16 comments:

Spinneretta said...

Welcome to EDM and GREAT job! Your trash can is SO much more interesting than mine... all filled with rubbish LOL.

Stephanie said...

wowzers! what wonderful pencil work! I love the play of light and shadows. Great job and please keep posting! cheers.

Kunstrxns said...

This is really great, I love the tones

Sharon

Kathleen said...

what a great sketch - obviously all ready you are an accomplished artist

Momma Ninja said...

Wow! Fantastic drawing of a trash can. I can almost feel it!

kazumiwannabe said...

Wow, this looks great! Great job and cool first post - hope to see many more?
delph

Ann said...

Welcome to EDM! That's a great drawing of a trash can!

Deb said...

Very realistic, Sandi! Welcome to EDM.

Timaree said...

As ugly as this trash can is is a wonderful job of drawing it! What a neat battered old can. I think you found the best one to draw I've seen yet. Super job of showing the dents and wear and metal.

Lynn said...

This is really well done! Welcome to the EDM group ( oh, and I love the title of your blog).

seesue said...

Welcome! You're off to a terrifically trashy start.

Hi I'm Laurie... said...

Wow! That is one cool trash can! Wonderful job! I look forward to seeing more. :-)

Sandi said...

WOW! Thanks for the comments everyone! It is very inspiring....

Anonymous said...

I took your advice and took a break and then after admiring your work, I then took out the trash! LOL, see how inspiring your work is!

Donna Mulholland said...

Great trashcan and I have to say it's changed my life, too!

Donna Mulholland said...

I mean EDM changed my life. The trash can inspires me ... but not changed my life. But if a trash can could do that, this would be the one to do it!

LOL